Did a little bit of french and geography.
MITx, 6.00.1x, Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python
Doing compsci but no notes today, because i am busy learning.
Am going to have to revisit oop sometime again.
will make notes then
But to summarise,
- i learnt oop
- i learnt about generators,
- which to me sounds like a tap on a loop.
- instead of a bucket of water, i get it by the mug.
- here’s a mug. here’s another mug. here’s another mug.
- enough? then i can turn the spigot off
- no need to fill the whole bucket (run through a whole dictionary, or carry out a huge operation) when I can just take however much I need.
- i learnt about o notation to figure out how long code takes to run, if want to later optimise stuff
- sorting lists with sorting algorithms
- bubble sort
- selection sort
- merge sort efficient
- i learnt how to plot using python
Have finished all the videos and will now move on to the problem sets.
I had so much fun, I actually was sad to watch Prof Grimson’s last video.
The course has given me a really good grounding on the basics.
And should help me start my journey.
While I understood the what, MIT 6.00.1x gave me a good grounding on the how and the why.