Short story short, once upon a time, due to life and circumstances, I weighed close to a hundred kilos.2
I embarked on a journey that took me close to a year and half, where I learnt and internalised the basics of diet and exercise and lost 30kgs to come down to a lean 67kgs.
Cut to now, where once again, due to life and circumstances, I find myself having put on quite a bit of weight.3
Writing and logging helped then. I know it will help me once more now. Ergo this page.
It’s on the blog this time, because I am mad, that I lost my old journey. Hopefully a simple text file will not crash and die on me, and it will stay put here for a long time to come.
I’ll be adding entries up top, so if you want to read from the beginning, you’ll have to come up from the bottom.
What’s with all the jargon? Here’s a key.
hw: Highest weight
sw: Starting weight
cw: Current weight
gw: Goal weight
And … 600g gained.
Think I ate fairly clean this week.
No reason to see why I gained. Figuring out things like this, are why I need to log stuff.
Will make food logging a part of my daily routine now. There’ll be fits and stumbles, before I get into some sort of rhythm with that.
But, this is the journey. And this is the work.
- cw: 83.7 kgs (2022-06-27) - gw1: 81 kgs - gw2: 78 kgs - gw3: 75 kgs - gw4: 72 kgs - gw5: 69 kgs - gw6: 68 kgs - sw: 82.7 kgs - hw: 97 kgs
Have gotten into eating pulses regularly.
Broke down and ate junk a couple of times.
500g lost. Fairly good week.
- cw: 83.1 kgs (2022-06-20) - gw1: 81 kgs - gw2: 78 kgs - gw3: 75 kgs - gw4: 72 kgs - gw5: 69 kgs - gw6: 68 kgs - sw: 82.7 kgs - hw: 97 kgs
Weight’s up by a kilo over the past week.
I attribute it to switching to wholly homecooked meals and having regular water intake.
Since a kind neighbour is cooking, I have no say in what goes into the food.
But right now I am just happy, I get good food.
Now that I am eating at a regular cadence, my next step will be to increase the level of protein intake.
Will try doing boiled eggs / pulses / protein shakes for the next week or so, to make that a habit too.
- cw: 83.6 kgs (2022-06-13) - gw1: 81 kgs - gw2: 78 kgs - gw3: 75 kgs - gw4: 72 kgs - gw5: 69 kgs - gw6: 68 kgs - sw: 82.7 kgs - hw: 97 kgs
Attempted to eat on time.
Failed. Will keep trying.
Eating clean continues to happen.
- cw: 83.3 kgs (2022-06-09) - gw1: 81 kgs - sw: 82.7 kgs - hw: 97 kgs
Turning off, most of the goal weights, while I do frequent updates 4
Another good day healthwise, yesterday.
Gained weight, but I feel much better than I have in weeks.
Think I’ll stick to eating healthy this week and begin logging next week.
- cw: 83.8 kgs (2022-06-08) - gw1: 81 kgs - sw: 82.7 kgs - hw: 97 kgs
Will drop down to a weekly cadence sooner or later, but right now I feel like logging the struggles as I begin.
Switched over to eating home cooked food, by a lady in my neighbourhood.
That seems to have solved a lot of bodily issues; have gained some weight though.
I’m content with this happening, until I am ok eating clean.
And then start calorie counting.
And then, some while after that, add in some exercise as I go.
Here’s to an intentional journey.
- cw: 83.3 kgs (2022-06-07) - gw1: 81 kgs - gw2: 78 kgs - gw3: 75 kgs - gw4: 72 kgs - gw5: 69 kgs - gw6: 68 kgs - sw: 82.7 kgs - hw: 97 kgs
- cw: 82.7 kgs (2022-06-05) - gw1: 81 kgs - gw2: 78 kgs - gw3: 75 kgs - gw4: 72 kgs - gw5: 69 kgs - gw6: 68 kgs - sw: 82.7 kgs - hw: 97 kgs
There’s bit of trepidation as I begin here.
Will I be able to do it? Or will I be overwhelmed? I was waiting for some clear window and some headspace to start, but apparently that is not on the cards.
So the best thing I can do is start, and do it slowly.
My only commitment is to show up everyday.