Slightly distracted day, today compared to the rest of the week before.
Well, c’est la vie.
- Read about functions, key functions, and asterisks
- Practiced list comprehensions and dictionary lookups
- Learnt and practised some, about decimals and rounding up
- Devops-ish? Upgraded the BIOS of my desktop to the current the latest available version. I was on v1.5, when I had last done it in July ’21. Now I am on v1.9 from November last year. Fixes plenty of vulnerabilities.
While I got to know of it last eve, I did not upgrade then, because I wanted my mind fresh and attentive while I did this. I have bricked enough PCs and handhelds in my misspent youth and I cannot risk killing my daily driver to tiredness.
What do they call it now? UEFI firmware?1
- Learnt the ‘daal’ group of letters
- Today was also the first day, I realised reading right to left is becoming intuitive.
I read “Daataa”2 in Urdu and went to check if I was correct by trying to read the English, and was wondering why they nonsensically called it “aataad”, until my brain switched back to Latin and reading left to right 😂
- I hope gym gets easier, because I am getting crankier about the pain by the day.
- The better half says I sustained much more pain with physio and bore it longer and more stoically when I broke my back in 2017. Well, that was my body doing it to me and I had no control over it. Right now, I am doing this to myself, ergo the crankiness. I know this is good for me in the long run. Does not stop me from hating the process and its repercussions right now. I’m getting old and grumpy.
Feedback on this post? Mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. Subscribe to my mailing list!
Forward these posts and letters to your friends and get them to subscribe!
P.P.S. Feed my insatiable reading habit.