Will update this page whenever I come across something regex, that I love.
- Damian Conway’s 5 hour, Understanding Regular Expressions series. This one is the bestestest regex resource ever. If you know the basics of programming and then want to pick up Regular Expressions, this is it.1
And Damian is one of the finest, bestestestest teachers around.
- Damian Conway’s hour long youtube talk and the accompanying slides
- RegexTip, one of John D Cook’s many twitter accounts. This one specialises in, you guessed it, regex tips
- Regex cheatsheets? This one, by Damian Conway and this one by Dave Child.
- Want to keep regex top of mind? Use Anki? This is the deck I love
- Unnecessary, ars gratia artis like Deep Dive? The Friedl book is it.
Also don’t be like me and try to learn Regex first. You’re just making it harder on yourself. It is indeed possible, but nearly every regex resource presumes basic programming knowledge. It does not have to be much. Loops and variables and such, Automate the Boring Stuff is good for that, but I don’t want to digress into Python resources 😂 ↩︎