Ok, really thrilled today.
Patting myself on the back.
I finally managed to write a program all on my ownsome. Kushal gave me a toy problem and I went around, scratched my head, did a lot of searching, a lot more headbanging, even more mistakes and then finally managed to write this.
Am happy because this is how I imagined myself learning in the first place.
Figuring out a problem someone has and then figuring out how to help them.
Also happy, because this makes me more confident.
Having gotten over the hump of my first program, I now am looking forward to doing more, instead of being apprenhensive about how to do it.
P.S. The problem was to process a summer training log file and print out, how many words, each participant spoke.
The code’s here, if you want to see it.