Slowly making my way through the Mastering Emacs book.
Things I did / learnt today …
- Learnt that if I want to run Emacs all over the place (like I do), then the best thing to do is to have Emacs, running as a daemon in the background. So I did that via the handy systemd instructions, on this page.
- And that Emacs has a kitchen sink’s worth of commands.
- And that Emacs commands are like playing chords on the guitar or piano. You just hit a few of them in a sequence to get the desired sound (or action in this case)
C-g, the Control and the G keys get me out of a jam, if I am stuck.
- Found Jess Hamrick’s really useful post, on moving about and buffers and frames and stuff.
- Got myself a basic emacs Anki deck.
- And I learnt how to move about.
All in all, a pretty good day.
Follow my Emacs journey here