Here’s putting in some thought into what I’ll do this #CNC2021.
Their first mail asked me to reflect on …
Determine what has worked.
- Figured out the basics of data structures and algorithms
- Figured out how to write in Python
- Figured out how write my own code.
- Took a lot of work and persistence. Took a lot of grit.
- Realised that I’m not “slow.” I just have a hard life and could only put in fewer hours compared to the folks who zoomed past me.
Determine what has NOT worked.
- Just what I said above but in a slightly negative manner. This takes a lot of grit. I need to figure out how to stop bare knuckling it and do it sustainably.
- I’m dog slow currently.
- I need to look up everything and I get distracted when I do that.
- I keep comparing myself to others and get overwhelmed
What are your long-term goals?
- Get a job by accomplishing, in the next 6-12 months, what I listed in my introductory post.
- I need to find and contribute to open source projects, to get a feel of how it is to work with folks and to understand how this whole world functions
- I need to write toy projects for myself.
What are your short-term goals?
- By the end of this challenge, I want to get into the rhythm of writing code across all the three goals I listed up above
- I just need to see steady forward progress