Realised I am woefully underprepared for the #100DaysOfCode in Python course.
That does not mean that I’m going to give up on the project however.
I am just dropping down and getting fluent with the basics with the Python Jumpstart course.
I aim (very optimistically) to complete an app every 3 days.
This should give me #130DaysOfCode 😂
What did I do today?
- I finished App 1: Hello (you Pythonic) world
- Done with the videos for App 2: Guess that number game.
What did I learn?
- I am a slow learner. It took me two hours to watch and understand (play, get confused, rewind, play … repeat ad nauseam.) I must also be the only one who watches videos at slower than playback speed 😝
- Program flow is not quite like what I imagined.
A program does not execute top to bottom.
The python genie must be reading all my statements and figuring out the order somehow.
- Learnt conditionals. If this happens, do this. Otherwise do that.
Will know how much I learn when I actually write the program tomorrow.
In other news
I hit all my September goals. Only because of my health issues they turned into September & October goals 😂
- I do all my basic editing in Emacs
- I type horribly at 30 wpm in Dvorak. (I’m really happy. My arms and fingers and nerves no longer hurt)
- I walk 10,000 steps most days
Ciao for now. More tomorrow!