Today was cautious fun :)
What did I do today?
- I got a rough journal working
- switched to vscode as my programming editor (still using emacs for my other writing.) will move back to emacs when I have the time to sharpen the saw, because I want an editor that I can use 30 years from now. Right now though, I cannot afford to yak shave.
What did I learn?
- Played with the main function and saw how the name variable changes and how I could use that to run my file as a program or a module to some other program
- got a firmer understanding of a while loop
- got the journal to accept an entry into a list and then print the list on demand
- the data is still ephemeral though and the output is ugly
- have to now learn how to make it pretty, and work at saving the data to disk